We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This Policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Name and Contact Information of the Controller
- The controller for the processing of data within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Luxauto Attikis 13 16562 Athens Greece Email: [email protected]
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide to us on the telephone, on our website (www.luxauto.gr) or via email or other correspondence. This includes information provided at the time of making bookings for our services or for any other reason if you need to make a complaint or report a problem with our site or in relation to any dealings with us.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you contact us by telephone, your call may be recorded. If you do not wish your call to be recorded, please let us know.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site or over the telephone or by email and of the fulfillment of your bookings
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Device Information
- We may collect information about your computer or your mobile including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify you as an individual.
- When you use one of our location-enabled services, we may collect and process information about your actual location. Some of our future services may require your personal data for this feature to work. If you wish to use a particular feature, you will be asked to consent to your data being used for this purpose. Your consent can be withdrawn at any time by switching off location based services on your Device.
Where we store your Personal Data
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted. In relation to any future service, where we provide you with (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share the password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Uses made of the Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any bookings that you have made with us.
- To sharing such information with third party fulfilment companies for the purposes of fulfilling a booking requested by you which is not being carried out by us.
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where (if required to do so) you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer of ours, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which we have previously supplied to you.
- If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Disclosure of your Information
- We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected]. Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions of supply and/or any other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Luxauto, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
E-mail Advertising, Newsletter
- If you have agreed to receiving advertising or if Luxauto otherwise has the right, we will use your customer data to send you personalized advertising or general newsletters. The following data is mainly affected: Form of address, name, e-mail address. The purpose of the data processing is for Luxauto to inform you regarding current offers and to draw attention to features of Luxauto services.
- E-mail advertising and newsletters may contain pixels. In this case, a graphic file is inserted into the e-mail sent in HTML format, based on which a statistical evaluation may be carried out. By using pixels, Luxauto can detect whether and when e-mails have been opened and links contained therein clicked.
- Luxauto has the right, in context of legal permission to use the e-mail address, which you have provided regarding a chargeable booking, to directly advertise its own, similar products or services. If you do not wish to receive advertising from Luxauto for similar products or services, you may at any time revoke the corresponding use of your e-mail address without incurring any costs. To this end, you can use the unsubscribe link contained in any mail or you can write an e-mail to us using the following e-mail address [email protected]
Rights of Data Subjects
If your personal data is processed by Luxauto, you are the data subject (Art. 4 No. 1 GDPR). As the data subject, you have the following rights in relation to the personal data affecting you:
Right to information (Art. 15 GDPR)
The data subject has the right to obtain a confirmation from the controller as to whether personal data is processed; if this is the case, they have a right of information about this personal data and further information on the data processing.
Right to rectification (Art. 16 GDPR)
The data subject has the right to obtain from the controller without undue delay the rectification or completion of inaccurate personal data.
Right to erasure (Art. 17 GDPR)
The data subject has the right to demand from the controller the erasure of personal data without undue delay and the controller is obliged to erase personal data without undue delay, provided the data is no longer required, the data subject revokes their consent or lodges an objection to the processing, the personal data was processed unlawfully or there is otherwise a ground for erasure within the meaning of Art. 17 GDPR and the controller does not have the right to object to erasure.
Right to the restriction of data processing (Art. 18 GDPR)
The data subject has the right to demand from the controller the restriction of processing when one of the conditions mentioned in Art. 18 GDPR applies, namely the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject or the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data.
Right to objection (Art. 21 GDPR)
Insofar as the data processing is based on a legitimate interest from our side (Art. 6 Paragraph 1 lit. f GDPR) or is direct advertising, the data subject has at any time the right to lodge an objection to the processing of personal data affecting them for the reasons mentioned in Art. 21 GDPR. The controller will then no longer process the personal data, unless they can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or the processing serves for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
Right to data portability (Art. 20 GDPR)
The data subject has the right within the meaning of Art. 20 GDPR to receive the personal data, which they have provided to a controller, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit this data to another controller without hindrance from the controller to which the personal data has been provided.
Right to lodge a complaint (Art. 77 GDPR)
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, every data subject has the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority according to Art. 77 GDPR.
Revocation of consent (Art. 7 para. 4 GDPR)
If the data processing is based on the consent of a data subject, the data subject has the right to revoke his or her consent at any time. You can do this by sending an e-mail to: [email protected] . The revocation of consent shall not affect the lawfulness of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
In the case of Luxauto, you are only subject to an automated decision process (see Art. 22 GDPR) in exceptional cases if you re-enter a payment method via which a payment has already previously failed or when current indications justify the suspicion that it is a fraudulent booking. In these cases, your request to book a ride with Luxauto will be refused. Such an automatic decision is required to conclude the contract (Art. 22 Paragraph 2 lit a GDPR). The data subject has the option of contacting us using the mentioned contact data in order to have an explanation or an intervention by a person or to express their point of view.
Issued: April 10, 2021.